Saturday, December 17, 2011

I’m I being too pushy in wanting to marry him now that this will be his 2nd tour to Iraq?

My navy b/f & I have been together for 2+ yrs & very much in love. I’m in grad school 4 hrs from his base & we just completed meeting each other’s families/close friends. 6 months after we met, he went to Iraq for 10 months. I waited sincerely with love, support, & lots of surprise care packages. Right before he left he took me to look at engagement rings but never proposed even when he got back. He will be leaving in Dec 08 again for Iraq & I told him that we should get married the 2nd time. He said he’d been thinking about it lately, but wanted to wait until he returned. He also said that he just redid his life insurance policy to include me just in case his didn’t return. I then gave him an ultimatum that he has 6 months to make a decision & I will not bring this up anymore. Afterwards I text him this: “being married would comfort my heart & be proof that if you die in Iraq, you died loving me the way I loved you”. Was I right in doing it that way or will this drive him away?

0 comments:

Post a Comment