Thursday, December 22, 2011

Is there something legal that can be done?

I left my ex fiance August of 2008 for reasons of abuse. His father has an old house that is used for storage, which is where my ex and I had a lot of our furniture and other things stored. When I left, I did not have a truck to get my things, and he said my things weren't going anywhere and I could go by and get them at any time. Over the next couple of months I'd gotten all of the clothes and everything I could fit into my car. I would call him to let him kno I'd be there to get the rest as soon as I could find a truck and trailer to use, and he replied by saying it was fine, that he wasn't worried about it. At the end of April, I moved back to mom's and was going to finally get my things (almost 9 months later). All of a sudden, mom gets a phone call from the people who live across the road from where my things are stored. The woman said that my ex was loading all of my things on a trailer and taking them somewhere. By the time I got down there (an hr away) he had dumped most of my things at his uncle's saw mill to bury them. There was nothing I could do. My dressers were torn apart and busted, big shelves that were hand built by my father who had ped away almost 5 years ago when I was 16, my grandmother's antique vanity was chopped up and gl from the mirror was strown all over the place. Everything destroyed. He came back there and told me that my charcoal grill was at his friends house in henderson, and that the 4 ft tall stereo/record player and speakers that my parents bought when i was a baby was in storage in the next town with all of the records that go with it. Me and my mother waited and waited, and he said he couldn't get in touch with the guy to get it and said he'd take it to my mom's. I haven't heard from him since that day. I've called constantly, left messages, and I still don't have that $2000 piece of equipment which is more sentimental value than anything, or my grill. Is there anything I can do? Its now been over a year since I left him, and 5 months since he destroyed everything and gave those things away. Oh, and he also took my washer and dryer off for scrap metal. Is there anything I can do? I worry about this night and day, I have got to do something!

0 comments:

Post a Comment