Saturday, December 17, 2011

Parking ticket loophole?

I had my car towed from a garage that was supposedly "closed" today. (Even though I did not see any of the supposed signs that were posted.) Anyways, I want to argue my ticket, but when it comes down to it it's me vs. the cop, and the cop would win. Because of this, I am not going to argue about the supposed sign that was there, however I was wondering if I could argue about the ticket itself. On the ticket the officer filled out the top information correctly and put the remark that the garage was closed, however the box under the fines section that says "restricted as posted" is not checked off. Now the ticket says "This is a notice that this vehicle is in violation of the traffic and parking regulations of the university as indicated above" however the officer did not mark that I violated the restricted parking. Is there some law that says because the ticket was not filled out correctly I don't have to pay it? If so can you send me a link with this information. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment