Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Am I bad mom for reprimanding my 2 yr old child?

My MIL has been living with us for the last 3 yrs because she has been having alot of problems financially. My daughter is 2 1/2 yrs old and my mother in law has been looking after her for the last 1 yr since i went back to work full time. Now since my daughter is at that age that her tantrums is at its worst my MIL gives in to her every whims. She doesnt reprimand her and if she evens begins to cry she gives in. I understand that grandparents spoil, but when i come home from work and my daughter acts up i cant seem to reprimand her. She cries like god knows what and runs to grandma. Forget about Time out it only works when grandma is NOT in the house and my daughter sees that she's stuck with mommy and better calm down. Im to a point where i feel my daughter hates me because she prefers grandma for everything, its like im nothing to her anymore. Me reprimanding her is making me such a bad person that i feel my daughter does not need me anymore. It hurts alot when your toddler chooses someone else besides you for everything in her life. I am at a point where i dont know what to do, I feel i am loosing this battle with my MIL and my daughter. I know discipline is a very important part in an upbringing but i just dont know what to do. It just seems like im always yelling at her. I tell my husband this and he doenst know what to do but feels i am just nagging him about the situtaion all the time. Please HELP!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment